In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Little Piece Of Heaven

A little while ago, I was in the sunshine beneath a deep blue sky, and under green pine and eucalyptus trees, and surrounded by flowers, particularly roses and snapdragons in burgundies, reds, pinks, purples and other colors.

Basking in this warmth, and inhaling the scent of the roses, it felt as if I had been blessed by nature.

It is these wonderful moments, hardly noticed by many of those hurriedly driving by, that it seemed as if a little piece of heaven had touched my soul, and would touch the soul of anyone else with an awareness of such majesty.

Dick

No comments: