In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, January 20, 2015

When My Final Day Arrives

As I approach 70, I thought it time to consider my priorities, to understand what really matters to me, and although I don't focus on death, this exercise is very useful.

In my final day:

1) To be with people I've been closest to.
2) To request charitable donations be made, and as always, anonymously.
3) To savor nature, whether the warmth of the sun, the brisk breath of fresh air or the scent and color of the flowers.
4) To listen to the music I've enjoyed.

But between now and that final day:

1) I hope to fulfill my karma and achieve what my higher being came here to do.
2) Many older people wish to travel as much as possible. Not me. I've travelled plenty and I won't miss the places I haven't seen.
3) My journey at this stage of life is internal, seeking a higher awareness, an awakening.
4) For me, this is a journey of unconditional love, forgiveness, compassion and gratitude, for the many blessings I've received and the lessons I've learned.

To those who wish to honor me:

1) Let there be no disagreements over money, or anything else.
2) If the writings I've published have financial value, please donate the money to charity.
3) Fulfill your karma and achieve your purpose in life, don't duplicate mine, for you are unique. If you learned valuable lessons from me, we are both the better for it.
4) Seek what you can do for others, for we are all on this journey together. It is an illusion to think we are separated by gender, color, religion, by geographic boundaries or anything else. The universe is far too vast and too wise for such nonsense.

Have fun:

1) Sprinkle my ashes anywhere you choose and do it with joy.
2) Throw a party, with plenty of love and laughter and good natured comraderie, for it is clear that life should be about happiness, all the joy you can bring to yourself and to others. Please let that love and joy be my final act, so that I might celebrate you as you celebrate me.

Dick

No comments: