In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, February 15, 2015

On Turning 70

Five days ago I turned 70 years of age, and my family lovingly held two birthday parties for me, two days apart.

Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time, and their joy pleased me to no end.

But now the question is, how does it feel to be 70?

It feels great!

In my heart, I've never gotten old for each day I continue to grow, as I strive for a higher awareness, and seek to help others, as we are all on this journey of life together.

There are no strangers in my life, as I welcome person after person with a smile and a message of good cheer, sometimes adding a hug or a handshake.

My mind is sharp, my energy level is high, my body feels good and I look forward to publishing new articles each day on my blogs, and once a week on my KazanToday website.

It also feels great to have family and friends and to be a compassionate and a supportive part of their lives, as they share their experiences and their feelings with me.

Among those people is Anne, my beautiful wife of over 49 years, whom I married when she was just 19 and I was only 20. I love her and she is an intimate part of my life, a source of great happiness and love to me and to all the other lives she touches.

And my joys in life are diverse:

When I awake each morning, my eyes deliver a compelling panorama and my ears detect sounds all around me. In my youth, I foolishly took these sensational gifts for granted. Now I deeply appreciate them.

I've also discovered the captivating beauty of nature, which I greet each day like a longtime friend as I witness the magnificence of the trees, the flowers, the butterflies, the sunshine or rain or any other natural wonder.

Until recent years, it was easy to overlook the blue skies or that flowers come in so many colors and smell so nice, or that birds could sing such lovely tunes.

In terms of food, I used to eat meals quickly so I could focus on my journey and not on food. Now I realize that meals are a part of everyone's journey, and I savor them, along with the company of those who join me in having a meal.

Four days ago marked my 14th anniversary as a vegetarian, an action I'm thankful to have taken, for it is not my intent to inflict harm on any living being.

At 70, prayer and meditation play an important role in my life, and in that process, inspired words and guidance are offered to me, which I'm thankful to receive and to share with anyone else who is interested in them.

One need only read my "A Touch Of Wisdom" blog to see in one or two sentences powerful advice offered by "Author Unknown" to share in that advice. Under "Read More" I tell the readers the date and time it was received.

At 70, I feel a sense of love and joy in each day and I live that day the only way any of us can live in any day, one moment at a time.

I don't fear death, I embrace life and know that death is a part of life and that all of life offers karmic lessons.

Death makes me appreciate what I have in life while I have it and to enjoy life with love, compassion and forgiveness.

For there can be no love without compassion and forgiveness and I've learned to forgive everyone everything, however horrific their actions.

It is for a Higher Power to judge people, not me, for I know nothing about their life's journey, and am still learning my own.

In forgiveness, my soul can readily find peace and having forgiven I see others differently, recognizing that they are as vulnerable and imperfect as me.

So with an open heart, and with wisdom and joy, I embrace each day. With deep gratitude, I'm thankful to be 70.

Dick

No comments: