In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, April 16, 2017

My Life And Your Life

Dear Reader,

You may recently have noticed that I've published very little and written nothing new. May I tell you why?

Because of low back issues, I've taken medications that caused me other problems, including a partial day in the hospital. I'm still recovering from the after affects.

But I'm seeking to change my life in ways I'm still discovering, knowing there is no growth without change. In this difficult respit, I'm taking time to think.

Wars hurt me deeply, as I envision their mass murder and the vast pain they cause so many families, people who are like myself and my family, and all of it unnecessary.

Man doesn't learn from history. It is man's will to fight wars and justify them by misusing words that have beautiful meaning.

I have so desperately wanted to stop wars, any war, but I have not been given the power to do so. But I have been given the power to recognize the pain everyone suffers and to bring more joy into their lives.

And going forth, as my heart and body allow me, that will be the action I will take, hoping to make each person a little happier, if even for a moment, and even if some resent me for trying.

I'll always find a kind word, I'll find a smile, and have money to buy a meal for someone who needs one.

Aside from love, what greater gift does life offer than happiness, which is simply another expression of love.

If we never meet, except in writing, please know I love you, and hope to make your world, our world, better by these actions.

With Love To All ~ Dick

No comments: