In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, October 7, 2021

"Hello Mr. Dick"

Each school day morning for an hour, I step onto the busy street in front of our home, where stop signs bring drivers to a stop and I greet commuters and the many people taking their children to the elementary school a block away.

This is a little story from this activity I'd like to share:

We have some lovely new neighbors and when they walk their children to school, their 5-year-old precious little daughter Siri gives me a big hug!

Alongside of her is her 3-year-old brother Ledger, who in his tiny voice booms out "Hello Mr. Dick!" Of course I laugh and with a big smile reply, "Hello Mr. Ledger!" This makes him giggle.

This is a tiny taste of my mornings greeting everyone. It is a busy job with lousy pay, but it has the best benefits in the world!

With Love To All - Dick


No comments: