In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, May 5, 2023

Hernia Surgery, 3/9/23

On Thursday, 3/9 I had hernia surgery that was supposed to be routine. Instead, the anesthesia put my lower organs to sleep and they did not at first awaken. This began an emergency two-day stay at Little Company of Mary, with our son Dr. Clayton very much involved and then a 2nd visit to their emergency room.

While I was there, and despite the morphine and the medical equipment, I got to know the staff, and we got along very well. They were remarkably kind to me. And when I left for the last time, a male nurse on behalf of the hospital gave me a gift of a beautiful blue sweat suit so I could leave with dignity, and not wear the clothes I had hastily put on. 

It has now been about seven weeks, and I am healing nicely, and feeling good. But as I look back on that experience, I have happy memories from the time with the staff, and I treasure that blue sweat suit, which I am having tailor made to fit me well, as a symbol of my good memories of everyone.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: