In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"I Want A Divorce"

In a Tuesday overnight dream, I got in bed after turning off the lights and Anne said to me, "I want a divorce."

We've been married for over 49 years so I was stunned. After the initial shock I smiled and told her she was only kidding.

But she said she was not kidding and wanted a check for half the proceeds when we sold our home.

I was horrified to realize she was serious and said I would turn on the lights so we could discuss this.

At that moment I awoke from this nightmare, with a sense for the sorrow so many people go through when by surprise, their spouses tell them the marriage is over. It was an awful feeling.

Dick

No comments: