In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Walk In The Sun

On this beautiful sunny day, I joined with my son Kevin and daughter in law Melody to watch my grandsons Brody, age 9 and Gannon, age 6 receive their swimming lessons at the Akai Swim School.

Afterward, I bought Brody and Gannon snacks, as Melody left for a dental appointment.

Then Kevin and I and the boys set off on a walking adventure around the neighborhood joined by my wife Anne who arrived from her doctor's appointment.

Of course as we did yesterday, we stopped at Tucker's Market, a small old fashioned grocery store to buy the boys more snacks.

Part of my joy is watching and listening to the boys' excitement as they make their snack choices, predictably choosing candies or cookies or chips or snow cones, the latter of which they did today, along with other snacks.

But what really matters to me is to share in this precious time, whether it is to enjoy the little guys while they are still little or Kevin, Melody and Anne.

For everything is in constant transition and there is no second opportunity to share in what was.

You enjoy it now or it will escape you, much to your later regret. I embrace such meaningful times with all of my heart.

Dick

No comments: