In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Visit From Ikaika, 9/26/14

Yesterday Anne's and my 21 month old grandson Ikaika came to our home with his mother Diane.

We immediately noticed how happy and playful he was when he greeted us and soon afterward, he was in our backyard playing with me.

He played with our colorful balls and then he wanted to climb the ladder to the slides. I stopped him because I hadn't had a chance to cleanup the spiderwebs.

Ikaika ran elsewhere in the yard, and he called out "Mom" and "Bro-Bro" (His big brother, 14 year old Keoni) and when he didn't receive a reply, went into our house to play.

He ran down the hall to our playroom and was curious about all the toys he saw, as he selected a truck to play with.

A brief time later when it came time to leave, he was as happy and playful as when he arrived and he said goodbye and gave us hugs and kisses.

Diane's and Ikaika's visit brought joy to our hearts and made this day very special for us.

Dick

No comments: