In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, October 3, 2014

Anne's Birthday Party, 9/28/14

Last Sunday, 9/28/14 we had a wonderful party for my beautiful wife Anne in the Patio Room of Lucille's BBQ.

Our three sons families were there, as was 89 year old Aunt El, the Matriarch of our family who came by car and driver from the Valley, Anne's 92 year old mother Mary, her brother and sister in law Ed and Gwen, their daughter Debbie and her spouse Stacy, my sister Lorrie, Aunt El's daughter Terri, all lovely people and a joy to have with us.

For me, what most stood out were:

1) That I can still hear the laughter from all six of our grandchildren. As always everyone followed 14 year old Keoni's leadership and I can picture 9 year old Cameron, 9 year old Brody and 6 year old Gannon sitting in a boothe and laughing uproariously, while 6 year old Carina had a look on her face of boys can be so silly. 21 month old Ikaika ran in every direction, charming everyone in sight.

2) Time with Debbie and Stacy. Beautiful ladies and a blessing in my life, I watch them grow in wisdom and I very much enjoy listening to them. And as a special bonus, Debbie even helped order all the food.

3) Time with Anne's and my sons Kyle and Kevin (As an ER doctor, Clayton had to work). Time with our sons is always precious to me.

4) Time with Aunt El. She has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I've ever known and I could listen to her so enraptured, that I would say little but learn from her and express my love and respect for her. Despite a range of physical ailments including failing eyesight, she made a 70 mile round trip to be with us.

5) Time with Mary. She too has a range of ailments and failing eyesight, but I've kniwn her for over 50 years and value greatly the time I have with her.

It comes down to loving people and I loved everyone present including the Lucille's management and staff, all of whose names I know and whose dedication Anne and I appreciated.

This night was a celebration of life.

Dick

No comments: