In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, October 26, 2014

Meditation: A Primal Cry

In this morning's meditation, as I lay in silence, spontaneously I raised my hands as if reaching to the heavens.

As I did, an intense low primal cry came aloud from me. It was about the sound of a sigh and I felt as though I was connecting to the spiritual beings.

It was a form of rapture and yet an expression of the intensity that is a part of a spirit living a life in body, the love and laughter, the pain and sorrow, the triumphs and defeats, the enthusiasm and despair.

It was not easy to reach this higher state of meditation, requiring concentration and determination to quiet the mind.

But once there, it was as if the ordinary had been left behind and my muscles were no longer tense, my anxieties gone.

In the stillness I had entered a world of wonder, one of peace and love and hope and at its heart, the beauty of the soul.

A little while later, when this journey came to an end, I was sorry.

It is my great desire to return to this state time and again. And it is my hope that each person will experience such wonder, and find all that I did this morning.

It is all there to be had in meditation by anyone who chooses to make this journey, using silence, stillness and concentration

Dick

No comments: