In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Magic In Loving Anne

Anne is my wife of over 49 years.

At about 5 am this morning, in our cool and dark bedroom, as we laid in bed, Anne said she was unable to sleep and was going to get up and go on her computer.

As I laid on my back, I asked her to first lay alongside of me. She agreed and rolled over and backed into me, touching my right side with the back of her body.

For about the next half hour she did so, and seemingly went quietly to sleep.

But here is the magic:

As we laid there, I focused on my love for her, and without uttering a word, I expressed that love in thought and in energy.

I could actually feel that energy passing from me to her and I believe subconsciously she could too.

Then, after that approximate half hour passed, I rolled over toward her, put my left arm around her, and for about the next 20 minutes, we just snuggled together.

When we were done snuggling, I whispered to her, "I love you." And she replied, " I love you too."

This was one of the most romantic times we have ever had.

For me, it was was a deep inner connection with a woman I have loved almost since the instant I first saw her more than 50 years ago.

That one soul can connect so lovingly with another is part of the magic that in truth is the miracle of life itself.

Dick

No comments: