In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, December 21, 2014

"I Hope To Be Supportive Of You"

"I hope to be supportive of you," I prayed this morning from my heart to the spiritual beings, "As you have been supportive of me. Thank you!"

For each one of us, life presents great joy and great sorrow. It offers the profoundess of love and with it, enormous challenges, including the acceptance of tragedy and of death.

We are confronted by our mortality and physical limitations and those of our loved ones, for none of us lives this life forever, and our physical decline is inevitable, unless we die suddenly in our youth.

All of this and more awaits us because we are all spirits in search of growth, growth which required us to take bodily form, and face its many challenges.

Challenges which we agreed to before taking bodily form, as we were determined to fulfill our karmic needs and obligations.

We receive numerous blessings on our life's journey but we also receive incredible support, even as we bear life's horrors. Some of this incredible support we call "miracles."

I have been a witness to many a miracle, including those that saved lives or overcame "impossible" circumstances.

Some miracles brought love where it seemingly could never be and in other cases, people were healed or lives were extended to a more fulfilling closure.

I've received enormous spiritual assistance during horrific times and I believe you have as well, for none of this is unique to me.

Sometimes the greatest gifts we receive are tragedies that never happen. Cancer that doesn't occur, or wars that aren't fought or poverty that isn't endured.

When my spirit leaves this body, with a soul filled with love and gratitude, I hope to repay the love and compassion I received, to those who in spirit guided and protected me, loved and forgave me, as together, we shared in the life I had been given.

In truth, it has never been "me" but always "we" and I am deeply grateful to those in spirit and as well to those in body who made such a wonderful difference in this journey of life.

Dick

No comments: