In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dinner With Cameron And Carina, 12/19/14

Friday night Anne and I had the pleasure of taking two of our grandchildren, Cameron age 9 and Carina age 6 to dinner at Ruby's, a child friendly diner.

Both kids ate big meals, while also watching a continuos loop of "Tom and Jerry" cartoons provided by Ruby's.

Following dinner, we brought them back to our home, where we were watching "Muppets Most Wanted" (2013) when their mother Maria arrived to pick them up.

Cameron and Carina are so cute, it is always hard to say goodbye to them, but we assured them we could watch the rest of the movie next time we have just the two of them with us.

I'm very pleased with how Cameron is developing. He has always been a joy for Anne and me, and very bright but now as a 9 year old, he is becoming more social.

Carina is cute as can be, and now even more so since she lost her first baby tooth two days ago and has a tiny gap in the front bottom row.

The tooth fairy paid her $2 for that tooth and she seemed quite pleased. That money is easily enough to buy a big candy bar, which is roughly the equivalent of what the tooth fairy left Anne and me when we were kids.

Dick

Last night (12/20/14) Anne and I received a call from Cameron on his mother's cell phone. He thanked us for the Muppet movie we were watching, which made us feel good.

His mother likely persuaded him to call, but the important thing is Cameron is gaining ever more social skills and consideration of the feelings of others.

No comments: