In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, February 5, 2015

Brody, Gannon And Me, 1/31/15

On Saturday, 1/31/15 I joined Anne's and my son Kevin, daughter in law Melody and grandchildren Brody, age 9 and Gannon, age 7 at Gannon's basketball game. His team is the Hawks.





This is little guy basketball, in which the baskets are lowered, all the kids get plenty of playing time, fouls or infractions are seldom called, as kids double dribble or run with the ball, and no official score is kept.

The parents cheer for the children, no-one yells at the referees and a good time is had by all. It is my favorite level of basketball, or of any other sport.

The attached photo was taken by Kevin and posted by my friend and webmaster, Jon Barnes.

Dick

No comments: