In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, March 28, 2015

Our Inn At Spanish Bay Trip, 3/15 - 3/19/15

Anne and I went to the Inn At Spanish Bay, a beautiful hotel on the magnificent oceanfront in Pebble Beach, California.

There we walked alongside the ocean on the white sand, as the waves atop the icy blue-green sea rolled in with a roar, crashing on the beach.

This scene and the scent of the salt spray combined with the beauty of the Monterey pine trees and other foliage, including the wildflowers in bloom in purple, yellow and orange captivated the senses and brought peace to our hearts.

The weather was sunny and temperatures were in the mid to upper 60's during the day, dropping about 20 degrees at night, making for wonderful snuggle time as we slept.

We also visited nearby Carmel and Pacific Grove, both charming communities.

Our favorite stop is a charming mom and pop Carmel card shop, where we always buy cards and other goodies including small bags of high quality chocolate malt balls.

Across from the card shop is a mom and pop little book store, and this is a joyful place for me to spend some time, chatting with other readers and of course, buying a book.

Books are cheaper online on Amazon, but if cute little book stores like this one are to continue, it will be from our patronage.

One of my happiest times came the morning before we left, for I sat down on a wooden bench on the oceanfront to watch the sea.

And as many other people strolled by, I greeted them and we spoke.

Some of those people were very pleased to have me take their photos on their iPhones or similar devices, using the sea as a marvelous backdrop so they could share those photos with family and friends elsewhere in the world.

These simple acts of conversation and photos brought so much happiness, it occurs to me how much more joyful and peaceful life could be if we as mankind just took a little more time to get to know each other and enjoy each other's company.

Dick

No comments: