In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spiritual Memories

This morning during my prayer and following my meditation, I began to recall my time in spirit, prior to being in body during this life.

I recall moving freely in space, able to fly and to convey my thoughts without speaking. I recall being timeless, and age meaningless.

What now follows is a thought process, and not necessarily a recollection:

My reason for coming into this life in body was to gain spiritual lessons, to grow and to resolve karmic issues. 

I believe this is true for each of us, although some people may make this journey in part in support of others.

This dimension of existance is a lowly brutal one, in which fear, greed and power often prevail, and wars, poverty and crime are the result. 

But it is also a place of love, beauty and compassion offering each of us happiness and a path to grow and wisdom to gain.

Sometimes we deceive ourselves to think we are on this journey alone, when in fact we make this journey with our fellow beings and with spiritual guides.

Spiritual guidance awaits each of us who are wise enough to quiet ourselves and listen. 

In that spiritual guidance is love and forgiveness, for we are all wronged many times and forgiveness is a vital lesson, if ever we are to grow and to unconditionally love others.

We sometimes think life is "unfair," and yet we are living the lives we chose prior to coming here and the unfairness we perceive is within the choices we made for our karmic lessons.

It may seem odd to accept but our lives are perfect as they are, even in our times of pain and heartache, for this is how we meant it to be while in spirit, before taking physical form.

Perhaps that's why there is laughter, an emotional release from our anxieties and from life's many contradictions.

But it is love and compassion arising from the spiritual guidance and protection (sometimes termed "miracles") we receive that will bring us through this life, and allow us to fulfill our purpose for being here. 

Dick

No comments: