In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Great Challenge.

A great challenge I face is learning to be still, to be patient, to live only in the moment.

My mind wants to criticize others who don't do what I'd like them to do or to worry about things that may happen, but I know how foolish these things are.

I don't control what others do, and I don't control future events, nor is worry a productive way to think as it brings stress and undermines the positive energy which would otherwise flow.

And most of what we worry about never happens.

I'm learning to calm myself, meditation being a wonderful aid, to be patient, and to live in the moment. For where else is there to live but in the moment, the now moment.

It makes me happy as I live in the moment, and simply breath and relax, as I become more aware of what really matters in life.

As this happens, ever greater awakening and insight arise, as I learn to live from my heart and not my mind, all on the soul's path to a higher awareness,

Dick

No comments: