In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Wonder Of Hearing

Many people take their hearing for granted, not realizing what a wonderful gift they have.

Two days ago I went to an audiologist who tested my hearing and found that I'm doing well on the low and medium end of sound recognition, but on the high end, I'm now moderately below normal.

This is happening to me at age 70 as it does in some form to most people as we age.

In the inner ear are microscopic hairs that receive sound and pass it on to the brain. But with time some of those hairs become scrambled and pass on incorrect messages.

For me on the high pitched end, that means I hear sound fine but I may misinterpret a word or two in a sentence, especially from a woman or child with a high pitched voice.

There currently is no medical correction and as time passes, this situation is likely to grow worse. It's why many people eventually wear hearing aids.

But I'm doing well, I feel great and I'm not concerned.

I celebrate each day and will address such age related problems as it becomes appropriate. I don't worry about what I don't have, I'm thankful for the things I do have.

Dick

No comments: