In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, May 15, 2015

A Matter Of Faith

This morning (5/15/15) at about 5:05 am, in frustration I laid in bed and prayed.

The reason was that KazanToday has been losing subscribers from the high 1500's to 1406 as of last Wednesday. This is our subscriber count after nearly 10 years and for much of that time, $150 a month spent on Google advertising.

A Touch Of Wisdom, that had gotten off to a good start when we launched it last year, has leveled off at 258 subscribers as of last Wednesday.

I've not recently checked the readership of the other sites but I don't believe they are in big numbers.

In my heart, I know that I've never made this life's journey alone, whether joined by spiritual beings, family, friends or very capable, dedicated employees.

As a result, I've had the great fortune of business and real estate success, some popular radio shows, and business columns.

When things did go bad, through those same forces resurrection took place.

But the websites and blogs languish, despite my publishing some "Author Unknown," inspired pieces, and my dedication and skills, in what is a labor of love.

In prayer this morning, I asked what actions we could take to attract a much bigger audience.

I even asked whether it is time to do something new.

But then came the realization that we are reaching the audience we were meant to reach, and not to assess it by large and ever growing numbers as I did in business and real estate.

When my wife Anne awoke, I explained this dilemma to her and she advised me to have "patience."

She added that "life should be fun" and encouraged me to have more laughter in my life and not to "take this so seriously."

Anne is right. I need more patience and more laughter, and this brief life journey of life should be fun, and not taken so seriously.

I must let the spiritual beings and my heart be my guide and love, forgiveness and compassion be my road map. The journey is the destination and I must let go and be guided by forces far greater than me.

For in the end, life is what it has always been, a matter of faith.

Dick

No comments: