In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, May 22, 2015

An Out Of Body Meditation

During this afternoon's meditation, I found myself looking at my life in body from a spiritual perspective.

As with most people, much of my life is lived in ego, measuring my activities as important, however inconsequential they may actually be.

Unless we are mindful, daily life is just so much noise amounting to nothing. It's like a shooting star that for an instant lights up the sky, only to quickly disappear in the darkness.

I wasn't pleased with what I saw as my body in life for I knew we (my spiritual being and ego mind) could do much better, and this view encouraged me to do so.

Life is a spiritual journey of unconditional love, and there are so many ways to express that love, each of which could transcend the ego and lead us as mankind to joyously fulfill our purpose in life.

It is up to me as a spiritual being to honor that journey and I will strive even more to do so.

Dick

No comments: