In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, May 21, 2015

7 Year Old Carina's 1st Grade Play

On Tuesday (5/19/15), Anne and I with joy watched our 7 year old granddaughter Carina, and the other 1st graders perform in "The Great Kapok Tree," a play about environmental sensitivity.



Aside from the children being cute and enthusiastic, what I most enjoyed was seeing the happiness of the families and friends as upwards of 100 of them turned out on a Tuesday morning.

They expressed their feelings in repeatedly clapping for the children and in avidly photographing them.

But another special moment for me was when Anne photographed Carina and me after the play, as I got down on my knee and Carina placed her little head on mine.

And an additional special moment was afterward, walking Anne to her car as we talked about how much fun we had had together in watching our granddaughter and the other children perform.

Dick

No comments: