In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Practicing Medicine Without A License

Yesterday (5/5/15) my 90 year old Aunt El shared this story with me:

About 80 years ago, her mother Rose Liebman walked across the street to the Brooklyn apartment of her friend, Mrs. Friedman.

Upon arriving, she saw Mrs. Friedman's 7 or 8 year old son sick in bed and his mother beside herself with grief, worried what it could be.

Rose took one look and said, "He's got the chickenpox."

A short time later when the doctor arrived, black bag in hand to examine the boy, Rose announced her diagnosis.

The doctor set his black bag down and knowing Rose, said to the boy's mother, "If that is what she says it is, that's what it is."

Of course Rose was right. There was no comment as to whether she prescribed chicken soup.

Dick

No comments: