In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, May 5, 2015

"Legally Blond"

Last Sunday (5/3/15) Anne and I went to the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center, at College of the Canyons, to see Lindsay Kazan star in "Legally Blond."

Lindsay is my Aunt Eleanor's and Uncle Gene's granddaughter and she is a 23 year old dynamic singer, dancer and actress, who led the show and it's wonderful cast and crew beautifully.

It was a 3 hour round trip for Anne and me but it was well worth the trip, as we were joyfully entertained.

But there was something else that made it extra special for us:

Our grandchildren Cameron, age 10 and his sister Carina, age 7 were also there with their mother Maria.

While making no fanfare of it, Maria is often supportive of family and willingly drives long distances and gives her time to do so.

We also saw Kenny, Lindsay's father and his sister Terri, who like Maria also goes well out of her way to support family, even flying thousands of miles if necessary.

Terri is one of the most giving people I know.

It is those people who consistently go out of their way to be supportive of others, and do it unselfishly and with little or no fanfare, that make a wonderful difference in the world.

Dick

Lindsay's mother Cathy was there but I didn't see her.

I did however see others who had come to see Lindsay perform, including her ex-boyfriend and his mother, one of Ken's golfing buddies and his son, etc.

No comments: