In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Firestone Blimp

The other day in speaking to my son Kyle, I referred to "The Firestone Blimp" instead of The Goodyear Blimp, and I realized something:

That Blimps don't mean anything to me and I seldom think about them, unlike in the past when I flew on The Goodyear Blimp.

But at age 70, that's true of various things I used to think we're important such as the Dodgers and other sports teams, The Wall Strret Journal and nightly news shows.

Instead, I'm seeking higher priorities in my life, including family and friends and ways to help others.

Less consequential matters just aren't important as I recognize the preciousness of time remaining in my life.

Dick

No comments: