In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, July 12, 2015

7 Year Old Carina's Dance Recital

On 6/19 and 6/20/15, at 2:30 pm and 7:30 pm, Anne's and my granddaughter Carina danced in two numbers from "Alice In Wonderland," for the Peninsula School of Performing Arts.

The "Alice" performances were held at the Norris Theater in Palos Verdes, with  a large ensemble cast of all ages including some senior citizens.

Anne and I attended the Friday, 6/19, 2:30 pm performance and very much enjoyed it. We did however leave at mid-show intermission after Carina's dance numbers.

Her dance numbers were "Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee" and "Cat Ballet," dancing in both numbers with a group of little girls her age.

The "Cat Ballet" was performed to the 1982 hit song "Stray Cat Strut," a very catchy number.

The next day in the 11:00 am range at the Hills Academy in Torrance, prior to her two "Alice" performances, Carina played the piano, and then sang a song.

Anne attended her Hills Academy performance, while I went to Providence Little Company Of Mary Medical Center to spend time with Fay Ward, our 100 year old close friend, who has serious health issues.

Of course as grandparents, Anne and I are biased, but we think Carina and her big brother Cameron, age 10 (he plays the piano and the saxophone) are very talented performers.

It is a joy to watch them and all of the other talented performers of whatever age.

Dick

No comments: