In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Little Advice To The Young

On my 71st birthday today, I'd like to share a few thoughts with you.

As difficult and confusing as life may seem, don't worry, you will find your path, and the pressure you feel now will pass.

But that path will not be an easy one, for you have many lessons to learn, yet sometimes that path will fill your heart with joy, and you will be grateful to have been given this profound gift of life.

As for making your mark in the world, no one does, for that is an illusion. Our lives are grains of sand in an ever changing beach.

But you know you've been here, and so will everyone you help, even if some never learn your name or express their gratitude.

For we each rise by standing on the shoulders of those who came before us, as we become the beneficiaries of their wisdom.

You will also be a teacher, whose greatest student is yourself, as you learn the lessons of your life, and discover the secret that this, and your karmic issues, were your purpose in being here.

Dick

No comments: