In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, February 1, 2016

Is It Destiny Or Free Will?

Is life destiny, the results pre-determined or free will, in which we determine each outcome by the decisions we make? My answer is this:

Although they are opposites destiny and free will are inseparable partners. For example

Against seemingly impossible odds, Anne and I met, fell in love and got married. I knew she was the one for me right after I met her. This was destiny.

The decision to remain married was and is free will. We can end the marriage at any time, but choose to be married to each other.

Destiny and free will each have their opposite contained within as each is inherent in the other.

Dick

On 2/6/16, my friend Ben Haney shared this quote from former Secretary General of the United Nations, Dag Hammarskjold (1905 - 1961), "We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny. But what we put into it is ours."


No comments: