In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, August 6, 2016

Cameron/Ikaika Conversation

At a recent party, Anne's and my grandchildren Cameron and Ikaika had this conversation:

"How old are you Cameron," asked 3-year-old Ikaika.
"I'm 11," Cameron answered.
"So am I," replied Ikaika.

As I laughed, I thought of how Ikaika always wants to be older than he is. Usually he is the same age as his big brother, 16-year-old Keoni.

In June, when Keoni applied for his driver's license, Ikaika said he too wanted his driver's license.

Dick

No comments: