In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, March 16, 2017

Today's Meditation

Today, while in an MRI machine making images of my painful back, I meditated.

It would be ideal for each of us to periodically rethink our lives from a fresh perspective and that is what I did today.

I began with the realization that being and doing are two different things. Being is who we are, something the doing can lose sight of in the surge of our activities.

Our purpose in life is discovered in the being, as is the recognition that what was previously right for us may no longer be, for its purpose has been served.

But it is easy just to keep doing without thinking, busy in our rut doing what feels normal, as if our current lives will last forever.

We know our lives are brief, but many people refuse to think that time is short, and that they must act on their greater purposes now, rather than someday, as the hourglass of time runs out on them.

Should I continue to write all the columns I do, and also post Humor and Wisdom quotes, I don't yet know. Maybe my ongoing study of Spanish makes no sense, I also don't yet know.

What I do know is that I'm seriously rethinking my life as it is today, seeking inspired guidance, with a willingness to make significant changes.

With Love To All ~ Dick

No comments: