In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, August 27, 2017

I'm Not Anti-Anything

Today, many people are anti this group or that cause, and they rally against what they oppose, sometimes violently.

I've been a peace activist, but I'm not anti-war, I'm pro-peace, because when people are anti, they offer nothing constructive to build upon.

Gandhi wasn't anti-British, he was pro-Indian independence. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) wasn't anti-racism, he was pro-equal rights.

These days, we see "Black Lives Matter" signs, but when White Supremests held "White Lives Matter" signs, they were widely condemned as "racists."

The fact is all lives matter. And that is how MLK led his civil rights rallies, for he sought equal rights for everyone even though it was Black people who were often brutalized.

Now days, we also see people not allowed to speak on college campuses and other venues because they are presumed guilty of "hate speech" or other unpopular opinions.

But to protect Free Speech is why we have the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Popular opinions don't need protection because they are not controversial.

Those that deny other people the right to express themselves because they may not like what they have to say censor and perpetuate their own bigotry, even as they deny Free Speech to those they view as bigoted or ignorant.

With Love To All ~ Dick

No comments: