In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, September 20, 2018

“At Least I Know My Destiny”

Last week in the lobby of a medical building, I saw a sad, thin and frail woman sitting on a couch and hunched over as she slowly ate what looked like white yogurt..

“Are you all right,”  I asked her.

“No,“ she replied. She explained that she just received terrible news and then pulled back her cap to show me her short light brown hair in the process of growing back.

She had apparently  just received terrible news from her doctor after going through severe cancer treatments, only to now be facing imminent death.

“How can I help you,“ I softly asked her as I looked into her eyes.

She explained that there was nothing I could do to help her, but she thanked me for my interest. And then she added, “at least I know my destiny.”

I wanted to gently hug her and help her but sometimes there is little we can do except to be present and sensitive to the feelings of another.  After we parted company, I said a prayer for her and her family.

Even though we had never met before, I’m going to miss her.

With Love To All ~ Dick

No comments: