In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, July 12, 2019

A Man In Pain

Yesterday in the lobby of a medical building I saw a large middle-aged man sitting on a bench and bent over, holding his head in his hands, visibly upset.

I asked him if he was alright, and he hesitantly said he was, but his body language and tenor of his voice said otherwise. I knew he wasn’t ready to talk about it.

I smiled and told him he was big enough to be a football player.

He chuckled and said that he’s a mover. I said, “Close enough. As a mover the difference is no one is trying to hit you in the head.”

He grinned and we wished each other well.

But as I approached my car in the parking lot, he came out and gave me a great big hug. Then he handed me a medal of Jesus Christ and thanked me.

It was his way of expressing his gratitude to a stranger who had taken a sincere interest in him and his well-being.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: