In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, November 29, 2019

An Irrational Response

In the holiday joy, almost Thanksgiving, it was dark of night when a car stopped in the access-way of a business center.

The driver behind that car laid on the horn, blaring repeatedly.

I walked between the two cars, and motioned to the driver of the second car to stop, which is what happened. I then spoke with the driver of the first car.

He was a very senior citizen and had gotten confused. I guided him forward so he could safely find his direction, while not blocking the access-way.

I then went to the second car, driven by a middle-age woman, who had begun to calm down when she saw the other driver move out of her way and saw my smile.

When I explained to her why he did what he did and how old he is, she looked embarrassed by what she had done.

I told her my impression is she is too nice to respond this way, and wished her a Happy Thanksgiving. She smiled softly, and I had the sense she was sorry for her actions.

Sometimes we let the worst of our emotions take over, forgetting there is a reason for everything and that patience would serve us well.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: