In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Meaning Of Life

As a 75-year-old man who has long embraced and explored life, especially on a spiritual level, this to me is The Meaning Of Life:

Life is a stage play - of which we've each been cast in roles - the lawyer, the beggar - the candlestick maker. None is better than the next. These roles are fundamental to our Karma - the needs of our spirits to grow. It's why we're here.

We form families and bond whether at home or at work or in social/religious organizations or even in gangs because of our need to love and be loved. This too is fundamental to our Karma.

We know at the outset that life is brief. But no-one believes that until the end is near. They become lost in the illusion this stage play is real.

Love and our compassionate acts are the only things that survive us, for they live in the hearts of others.

With Love To All - Dick
Except for the introduction, the reference to gangs in sentence 2 and the last 8 words of the last sentence, these words were given to me this morning (2/16/20) while I was in a Prayer Meditation.

No comments: