In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, July 3, 2020

Can I Have Another Hour

This afternoon, as the bright sunlight set my backyard aglow, I saw where Impatiences once bloomed and my four-year-old granddaughter Carina picked some of them for her grandmother.

She would happily pick the red and pink and yellow and gold and blue blossoms and put them in a bowl of water for them to float.

At times, I would object because so many of the blossoms disappeared from the yard. But alas I saw my foolishness and encouraged little Carina to pick them to her heart’s content.

Carina is 12 years old now and has no interest in picking those Impatiences as she did when she was 4 or 5 years old.

This afternoon as the gentle ocean breeze whistled through the trees, I could still see her and I didn’t want the moment to end.

“Can I have another hour,“ I thought, reaching out with my heart to Carina. But there was no answer and my heart ached.

Then I realized I still have those wonderful memories and the joy they brought, and that I can always visit them. In those moments she will be four or five years old again and joyfully picking those flowers, her little face filled with happiness.

With Love To All - Dick


No comments: