In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, April 26, 2021

Homeless Man Confused Me With Jesus Christ, 4/1/21

This morning alongside a Chevron station on traffic heavy Hawthorne Blvd. I saw a 50ish homeless man going through a trash can taking recyclables he could turn in for money. 

I’ve long spoken with homeless people and parked the car to speak with him.

When I greeted him, he said nothing and hung his head. I handed him some money.

When I did, he stared into my eyes and said, “You did so much to help them, and they killed you! But I have never forgotten you!” He kept staring and expressing his regret for my fate.

I know I’m easy to mistake for Jesus. We are both Jewish, but he had a beard, sandals and disciples, while I just have a red Mini Cooper.

In all the years I’ve dealt with homeless people, I’ve never had this experience. I smiled and wished him well. I told him I have lived many lives (which I have) and will live many more and not to worry. This put him at ease, as we cordially said goodbye.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: