In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Friday, May 5, 2023

Greeting People, An Error In Spanish, 5/5/23

Dear Reader,

This morning while greeting school children and their families, commuters and workers, I struggled with some Spanish, for a Latino man who simply wanted to know my name. I felt terrible, and shared my story with my dear friend Yanin Ontiveros who kindly and humorously shared her similar experiences in English, which made me feel better. Here is what I wrote to her in reply: 

Querida [Dear] Yanin,

You made me feel much better! Gracias! [Thank you!]

What we have out there is kind of a 1969 San Francisco love-in, and fist bumping, and waves and shout-outs.

Por Supuesto Soy Un Poco Loco! [Of course I am a little crazy!] But then you knew that! So do they!

Feliz [Happy] 5 de Mayo!

Con CariƱo [With Affection] - Dick

No comments: