In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Basket For Cameron

On Saturday Anne's and my 9 year old grandson Cameron was playing the final game of his summer basketball camp season.

The game was close from start to finish. Late in the game suddenly Cameron received a pass and drove to the basket, shooting the ball from several feet out.

Swish!

Cameron was so excited, that with a big smile and his arms raised to his sides, he back pedaled across the first part of the court so his teammates could High 5 him.

After the game his coach told our son Clayton that Cameron had scored a total of 15 points during the season which seemed impressive to Clayton, Anne and me.

But what most pleased me was that the kids on both teams were happy and I suspect had enjoyed their time in this basketball camp. And that is what summertime basketball is really about.

Dick

No comments: