In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, July 21, 2014

Kazan Family Mid-Summer Night's Party

Last night (7/20/14) Anne and I hosted a party at our home for our three sons and their beautiful wives and children. We had the pleasure of including Anne's lovely mother Mary.

Aside from all the good food, the weather was warm and sunny and our backyard lent itself well to all the activities.

And I'm always so glad to see everyone. Our sons' wives Diane, Melody and Maria are a real joy and each is a devoted mother and partner.

As for the activities, the kids and some of the adults threw balls around and in particular our play yard with its slides, swings and clubhouse became the center of activity.

I can still hear the laughter of the children echo in my mind.

The most interesting thing was little 19 month old Ikaika sliding down the slide.

Being tiny he at first would not have tried it without his big brother Keoni bringing him to the top and then sliding down with him.

But soon he was laughing and running to the ladder, climbing up on his own (with Keoni right behind him to protect him) and then sliding down the slide on his own.

Also, Brody age 8, Gannon age 6, Cameron age 9 and Carina age 6 took turns playing together with our fireman hand puppet, each giving the puppet its own personality. Very cute!

One other aspect really stands out for me.

It was to see our three sons, Kyle, Kevin and Clayton talking and laughing together. Their schedules are always so busy, it is not easy to often bring all three together.

But last night was one of those very special times.

Today Anne shared with me something her mother Mary shared with her. Mary, who will be 92 next month is legally blind.

But individually each of our sons sat and spoke with her. This was very special to her and very special to Anne and me when we heard about it.

She felt we had raised our sons well because each one is very considerate and chose to spend time with her. And what joy this brought me to hear of it, as the capper to a wonderful evening.

Dick

No comments: