In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, July 21, 2014

Lisa's Health Issues

My sister Lisa's health issues have been a point of consternation for me.

On the one hand, there is little I can do to ease her problems and her pain. That is in the hands of medical professionals.

On the other hand, I am a good and sympathetic listener for her and that in itself has considerable value. She has thanked me repeatedly for listening and caring.

Yet I'm sorry there isn't more I can do as her big brother to help her, and psychologically I share in her pain.

Dick

No comments: