In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, August 25, 2014

"Didn't I Warn You"

Today Anne and I went to the Akai Swim School to join with our son Kevin to watch our grandsons Brody, age 9 and Gannon, age 6 receive their swimming lessons.

Brody and Gannon were waiting for the earlier class to end so they could go in the pool. Brody waited patiently.

But as he has done since he was toddler, Gannon got a playful look in his eyes and a smirk across his face and I knew he was going to do something he wasn't supposed to.

The next thing we knew, Gannon had jumped into another pool.

When we found him, I looked at him and with a grin he said, "Didn't I warn you." I guess he did.

After the swimming lessons, Anne left to go grocery shopping, while I bought the little guys some snacks.

Then Kevin and I walked with the boys to see the surrounding neighborhood and enjoy each other's company.

While we were walking we stopped at Tucker's Market, an old fashioned small market and I bought the boys more snacks.

At one point during the walk, Kevin asked Gannon to stop kicking a low wall in front of a home but Gannon playfully ignored Kevin and kept kicking the wall.

When Kevin firmly told Gannon to stop kicking the wall, Gannon replied, "I thought you meant Brody," which made me laugh for Brody was not kicking the wall.

In all it was a lot of fun and I'm thankful to have had this precious time with everyone.

Dick

No comments: