In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fay Ward: Celebrating Her 100th Birthday

Yesterday (8/23/14) at the Bluewater Grill, along the ocean in Redondo Beach, California we joined with about 75 other people to celebrate our close friend Fay Ward's 100th birthday.

On this warm and sunny Saturday, Fay's family and friends had gathered from far and wide as we joined with her in reliving so many wonderful memories and making some new ones in the process.

Fay is sharp as can be and it was a joy to be in her company and to see her having so much fun.

Even at age 100, Fay continues to live in her own home, albeit since shortly after her 99th birthday with a caregiver, a lovely lady named Gloria.



What most matters to me is the precious time we have with Fay. For time is brief for all of us and it is in the now that we treasure her company.

That is why virtually every Saturday night Anne and I host a dinner at Chicago for Ribs in which Fay and Anne's mother Mary, age 92 are our prominent guests.

But yesterday, to see how Fay reveled in joy, surrounded by so many people who love her is what touched my heart. To me she is family and I love her.

Dick

No comments: