In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Clayton's And Maria's Labor Day Luncheon, 9/1/14

Yesterday our son Clayton and our daughter in law Maria hosted a Labor Day Luncheon for my wife Anne and me and for Anne's mother Mary, in their beautiful home.

We all had a wonderful time as we enjoyed listening to Clayton describe their recently completed family vacation to Spain and Italy, which included a Disney ship cruise.

I particularly enjoyed playing with our grandchildren Cameron, age 9 and Carina, age 6, whom I missed very much while they were gone.

Anne later told me that individually, Cameron and Carina whispered to her that they missed us and that each one wanted to go with us to Ruby's diner, the toy store and then to come to our home.

This touched my heart.

While we were at the Labor Day Luncheon, we met Cameron's and Carina's new little dog Scrappy. He is part Terrier and part mutt and at age 1 or 18 months weighs about 10 pounds.

Scrappy did his tricks for us such as sitting and laying down on command, as well as affectionally licking our fingers.

Earlier that day Clayton had run the "Conquer The Bridge" race, running across the Vincent Thomas Bridge which spans the Los Angeles Harbor. It is a charity run that benefits the Harbor Division of the LAPD's Booster Club for Kids.

We are proud of Clayton for keeping himself in top physical condition and for contributing to charitable causes.

Dick

No comments: