In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, March 9, 2015

How Beautiful Anne Is

Yesterday, on a bright and sunny Sunday, Anne's and my son Kyle visited our home with his and Diane's 2 year old son Ikaika.

Ikaika ran around our backyard, as he played in the clubhouse, slid down the slides, threw balls into the clubhouse and then sent then cascading down the slides and so forth.

It was a joy trying to keep up with him. And I had the pleasure of speaking with Kyle and listening to him describe in greater detail, his and Diane's Tahiti vacation, from which they had just returned a few days earlier.

But what also captured my attention was Anne, my wife of over 49 years.

In her black, flowing robe she quietly walked into the yard to join us, and as I looked at her, she captivated me.

I was struck by her beauty, not only in how pretty she is and how lovely her soft blond hair seemed to glow in the late afternoon sun, but by her inner beauty, which shined as bright as that sun.

Anne cast a remarkable presence, and it brought me such happiness, proud that she is my wife.

As she listened to Kyle and played with Ikaika, she laughed and thoroughly enjoyed herself.

But the peak moment of that enjoyment was when Ikaika gave her a big hug and kiss shortly before he and his dad left.

I was bemused by Ikaika having so much fun playing, that he didn't want to leave, which I must confess is my objective with every child that visits our home.

But it was time to pickup his 14 year old big brother Keoni who was with his tutor, and Anne and I said goodbye.

Once Ikaika was strapped into his car seat, we gave him some M & M's just to add to his joy.

Dick


No comments: