In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Saturday, July 4, 2015

Anne's And My 50th Wedding Anniversary

Our 50th wedding anniversary was a marvelous celebration, and Anne and I are thankful our anniversary was such a memorable occasion.

From Thursday through Saturday nights, we brought our sons and their beautiful families together with us at Terranea in magnificent accommodations that Anne selected and we absorbed all of the costs involved for meals and activities as well.

We also hosted a celebratory brunch primarily for family on Saturday at Terranea and a family dinner on Friday night at Lucille's BBQ in Torrance. 

Regarding the celebratory brunch, Anne are grateful that some of the attendees from our 1965 wedding could be with us 50 years later.

They included Anne's mother Mary, and my Aunt Eleanor, Ed and Gwen Houston, my sisters Lisa and Lorrie and cousins Kenny and Terri.

In 1965 our niece Debbie was 2 1/2 and too little to attend the wedding but we had the pleasure of her company at the brunch.

All of these extensive festivities were the culmination of several months of Anne's planning.

Having grown up in such modest means, and being sensitive to the use of money all of my life, no matter how much money I had I deferred to Anne, who also grew up in modest means, to make this a memorable celebration of life occasion.

I did not ask about the cost until afterward. All in, the cost will be about $25,000.

But it brought our sons and their families together with us to enjoy each other's company all weekend, not an easy thing to do as we all have busy lives.

There was time together at the tide pools, at the swimming pools, in the jacuzzi and at the restaurants as we had such fun.

What a fabulous weekend it was, casitas overlooking the ocean, great food, great service, great amenities and most of all, great memories to cherish, memories that live in our hearts.

Dick

Our 50th wedding anniversary date was Friday, June 26th, 2015.

Our son Kyle's family included his wife Diane, and their sons Keoni, age 15 and Ikaika, age 2.

Our son Kevin's family included his wife Melody, and their sons Brody, age 9 and Gannon, age 7.

Our son Clayton's family included his wife Maria, and their children Cameron, age 10 and Carina, age 7.

To see Terranea http://www.terranea.com/ 

No comments: