In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"I'll Have Dessert Please"

My wife Anne shared this story about our 2 year old grandson Ikaika, told to her by our son Kyle this morning.

Kyle and Diane and their sons Keoni, 15 and Ikaika went out to dinner. Ikaika was eating little of his dinner and instead wanted dessert.

Kyle and Diane told him there would be no dessert unless he ate his dinner.

But as their waiter passed by, Ikaika raised his hand to get the waiter's attention and said to him, "I'll have dessert please."

The waiter came over to take Ikaika's order until Kyle and Diane intervened.

Anne laughingly told me this story as Kyle had laughingly told it to her.

Dick

No comments: