In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

No More Toy Store For Cameron

Since Anne's and my grandson Cameron was about 15 months old, I've had the joy of taking him to the toy store and letting him choose a toy for himself.

The toy store always excited Cameron and this was something special we shared together.

Now 10 years old, Cameron has lost interest in the toy store. Last night I asked him if he misses the toy store and he replied, "a little."

This makes me a bit sad, but not surprised, knowing this is a passage of growing up.

Cameron's sister Carina, 7 years old, still likes the toy store so I will enjoy letting her choose a gift, until she too loses interest.

Dick

No comments: