In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ikaika

In preparation for Anne's and my son Kyle's 50th birthday party, he and Diane reviewed the 10-minute highlight film shown on his 40th birthday party.

Their son, 4-year-old Ikaika watched the film and wanted to know why he was not in it.

When they explained that he was not born until several years later, Ikaika claimed that was not fair, pointing out that Keoni (his 16-year-old brother, then 6) was in it.

They never did satisfy Ikaika, who continued to claim unfairness. But at Kyle's 50th party last Saurday night, cute little Ikaika got into many pictures so he would not again be treated unfairly.

With Love To All ~ Dick

No comments: