In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Thursday, April 29, 2021

“When I Grow Up ... “

As I do on most school mornings, this morning I was out greeting families on their way to school and people on their way to work. And then something extraordinary happened. 

“When I grow up I want to wave at people just like you,” said a little girl about 8-years-of-age with a big smile as she walked up to me with her mother and little sister.

I smiled back, assured her how nice that was to hear and said to her, “It makes them very happy.”

Her little sister, about kindergarten age then proudly showed me her project, (it looked like a rocket ship) and explained it to me.

It was then time for them to finish their walk to the nearby elementary school and I enthusiastically wished everyone well.

But the older girl’s desire to warmly greet people really touched my heart, because it offers the potential of a better, kinder and happier tomorrow. People welcoming people!

With Love To All - Dick


No comments: